Are we troubled by lions in our life or work?
Brent is joined again by Dr Alastair Roberts of the Theopolis Institute in the States to discuss Daniel chapter 6.
- (0:40) Who was Darius the Mede?
- (4:10) The Empire Statue;
- (5:54) What happens in chapter 6. An internal coup.
- (8:00) Darius and the set-up;
- (11:46) The importance of writing good laws. Do we really control our laws?
- (14:00) The symbolism of lions;
- (14:52) More numbers – 70, 7 and 62;
- (15:43) Darius’s men as lion like;
- (16:00) Daniel’s chamber and the lion’s den;
- (17:20) Darius and Daniel as new Adam’s;
- (19:30) Another Passover event;
- (20:41) Who is the angel?
- (20:57) Daniel as a type of Christ;
- (24:18) Daniel carries Darius through a kind of death and resurrection experience;
- (25:30) Darius’s response to God;
- (26:20) Preacher’s application?
Links mentioned in this episode:
Leave some feedback:
What should we talk about? Please let us know in the comments.
Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please give us a rating and leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Become a Supporter:
If you’d like to help us make more great episodes like this one, please consider becoming a Patreon supporter. For as little as $5 a month, you’ll receive early access to new episodes plus bonus episodes and other goodies from time to time, and our undying gratitude.