A conflict of Empires and a Babel project examined.
- (0’57) Who was Daniel?
- (2:03) Background of exile;
- (2:20) How Daniel recapitulates big theological themes;
- (4:12) Daniel about ‘new beginning’s;
- (5:14) The conflict of Empires;
- (11:12) The vessels of the Temple;
- (15:00) What happens in Daniel 1;
- (16:40) How chapter 1 recapitulates the creation account in Genesis;
- (19:20) The importance of Shinar and the Babel connection;
- (20:18) Nebuchadnezzar’s kingdom as a Babel project;
- (24:30) Numbers in the book of Daniel – 5 the number of power and 4 – Daniel and his 3 friends as the corners of a new house;
- (27:00) Daniel as a chiastic structure and how it works. What is a chiastic structure?
Links mentioned in today’s episode:
Leave some feedback:
What should we talk about? Please let us know in the comments.
Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please give us a rating and leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Become a Supporter:
If you’d like to help us make more great episodes like this one, please consider becoming a Patreon supporter. For as little as $5 a month, you’ll receive early access to new episodes plus bonus episodes and other goodies from time to time, and our undying gratitude.